Welcome to the On Demand help.
Please find the answers to the most commonly asked questions below. If for any reason none of the below solutions helped, feel free to fill in the form below and we will get back to you, as soon as we can.
Fill in feedback form
Why do I need to download Flash Player 10?
There are known issues with Firefox 3 and IE7 running the flash 9 player.
Flash player 10 is now available, and can help fix these problems, and certain streams
There are known issues with Chrome 11.
Chrome 12 is available now and looks to be more stable with video playback.
Download from here
I can't see the Pre roll.
If you can't see the pre-roll (the advert before the content) your computer may be blocking our adserver. Try to disable pop up blockers, and make sure ad.doubleclick.net isn't blocked.
Some antivirus and firewall products cause problems with viewing video. To view content on the site, you will need to unblock the site you are on eg http://tv3.co.nz and DoubleClick which serves ads on the website.
Add the following sites to your antivirus 'whitelist':
Can I watch 3/FOUR On Demand outside of New Zealand?
No, unfortunately almost all of our shows are only available to New Zealand viewers.
If you are in NZ and still can't view, click here to check where your IPAddress is being recognised from. If it's not from NZ please contact your ISP to update their records.
My video won't load, I can see a black box with no controls.
This is because you don’t have Flash Player installed. Click here to download and install Adobe Flash Player 10.
I can see the ad but the show itself won’t play. I can see the message that says “This video is only available to NZ Viewers. If you are in NZ, your video will play shortly.”
Our servers can get inundated with requests during peak times (between 7pm and midnight). If you are trying to watch during these times, you may experience some difficulties. Please try again in a few minutes.
I haven’t had any problems watching On Demand in the past, but today my video won’t load.
It is most likely you are trying to view a video while there is peak demand on the server, so please try again shortly. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Occasionally, you might have a cached version of the player displaying on your screen. Try clearing your cache and cookies (see below for instructions), then refresh the page and see if it helps fix the problem.
Why does the video keep stopping, stuttering and doesn’t play smoothly?
If your network connection is not consistent, you may experience problems connecting.
Check your connection speed here.
Slow connection will cause the video will pause and play every so often. If you do experience choppy playback, try selecting a lower quality option.
If your player is still trying to connect, you may not be able to see the Quality option to reduce it to a lower quality. If this is the case, try clearing your cookies.
The latest Flash Player 10 and above also has better buffering support – click here to update.
How do I clear my cache/cookies?
Internet Explorer 6
1. In the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
2. In the General tab, under Temporary Internet files, select Delete Files.
3. Click OK.
Internet Explorer 7
1. In the Tools menu, select Internet Options... .
2. In the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete... .
3. The Delete Browsing History menu will appear. Go to Temporary Internet Files and click Delete files... .
4. Click Yes when prompted.
5. Click Close then click OK.
Internet Explorer 8
1. Go to Tools and from the Safety menu, click Delete Browsing History...
2. Check Temporary Internet files and History.
3. Click Delete.
In some cases you may need to open a new window and choose a private session before attempting the above.
1. In the Tools menu, select Clear Recent History.
2. Under Time Range To Clear select Everything then click Clear Now
1. Click the Tools menu (the wrench in the upper right corner)
2. Select Options
3. Click the Personal Stuff tab
4. Click Clear browsing data
5. Select the checkboxes for the types of information you wish to remove
6. Use the 'Clear data from this period' menu to select the amount of data you want to delete
7. Click Clear Browsing Data
1. In the Safari menu, select Empty Cache... .
2. Click Empty when prompted.
1. In the Firefox menu, go to Tools and select Clear Private Data.
2. Ensure the box next to Cache is ticked then click Clear Private Data Now
1. Select Chrome > Clear Browsing Data on the menu bar
2. Select the checkboxes for the types of information you wish to remove
3. Use the 'Clear data from this period' menu to select the amount of data you want to delete
4. Click Clear Browsing Data
How long are programmes available for on 3 On Demand?
Most of our international shows are available for 14 days. On occasion we might have some local show that we keep on archive, so they do not expire.
Why are some programmes not available on 3 On Demand?
We aim to acquire rights for all programmes we broadcast. Unfortunately, there are certain constraints and copyright issues that can stop us from acquiring the rights to particular shows.
Find out what shows are currently available on demand on our Shows page
I am looking for my show, how come it’s not there yet?
We always aim to put up On Demand videos straight after broadcast time. However, on odd occasions we might experience delays. When this happens we almost always put a note to let you know of the delay on the relevant show page(s).
To find out exactly when shows are available on demand, check the Shows page or you can subscribe to our On Demand email alerts, which sends you an email as soon as the video is available on demand. Subscribe now